Friday, November 21, 2008

Sin is serious!..



This was the book published by the 'Grace Publications' , which was a simplified version of Ralph Venning's 'A Treatise on Sin'; first published in 1669. This simplified version was prepared by John Appleby and Peter King. I must tell that they have done an excellent job and it is my plan to publish my thoughts on this subject for a few up coming days, as I also seriously think that 'Sin is Serious'!
I have a Friend in Scotland whose name is 'Donald Morrison'. He is an evangelist and it is his lifetime passion and full time job to evangelise the unconverted. I think he's been doing it for the last 10 years or so, hey Donald! correct me if I am wrong. I also had the privilege to meet him and share the Gospel to the folk in the streets of London for which I am thankful to God. I remember him telling me an incident when he was preaching at a street corner that an elderly lady came up to him and complained to him that his preaching was completely rubbish and had no base. The reason for that was he was simply inviting sinners to come to Christ. She was deeply offended as she would have thought people were inherently good and nice.
People might be good and nice but it doesn't mean that people are sinless. We constantly here people say 'nobody is perfect' which is a very popular expression. But people never bothered that it is the 'sinfulness' within them is the root-cause for their 'imperfect lives'. And God demands nothing less than an absolute perfection just like He is perfect beyond our imagination. Does it make any sense when somebody calls you a sinner or does it hurt you or does it sound awful? If it makes sense you are on the right path and you have a hope in Christ alone. We shall further discuss how and why 'sin' entered into the world and destroyed our lives. It is highly important to understand before we value the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard my pastor say in one of his sermons...........there was a women selling some fruits in the market she was blind....a passerby hit her basket the fruits fell and he said sorry and placed everything back....and comforted her....she in reply said...."r u jesus? "

wonder why i am telling all this.......i feel it is not asking for forgiveness always..but also being his image too.....evryone is perfet...we just have to discover overself.....ACT NOW....be good ....our sins are foriven 2000 years back.....BELIVE AND ACT

Samuel Boppuri said...

you take God's forgiveness for granted. If sins are forgivens 2000 years ago, why do sin now? and why do you still act badly?

Anonymous said...

Ye i have the privilage to belive in my loveing GOD who is so good and loves me more than my imagination....i dont fear him...i dont think he will forsake me...i belive and move on...he knows me ...even if i sin...he forgives me....its not timebound it is a relationship forever......i love the love and freedom he gave...no rules my friend......be free...keep doing good....out of 100 choices per day you me choose 50 good 50 bad....the next day 60 ..70...and so on 100 out of 100 needs lot of courge...but you will be growing....so start them in your actions.