Friday, November 21, 2008

Sin is serious!...



What is this thing called 'sin'? why am I unable to react as I ought to? Why do I loose my self control time and again? Why do I get angry? Why am I frustrated? Why am I enslaved to bad when I actually know what good is? How many times questions like these have flooded your mind? I don't know about your predicament, but the more I look into myself the more I discover evil nature within me. I know something is seriously wrong within me. Besides that I am unable to get myself out from this pathetic situation. I am unable to stop myself from sinning and to make matters even worse, my guilt is piling up every time I commit sin. Oh! what a wretched man that I am; who can save me from this body of death? (Rom 7: 24). No one else but Jesus Christ alone! These words echo through my head and heart; as they did in the Apostle Paul's.

By the way, are you convinced that this world is full of sin and you are a part of it? Do you think that something is terribly wrong with the human race? I cannot and do not have to argue with those who think that this world is getting better and better and human race is inherently good. I think they are simply denying the fact. We know that world is not a better place to live but what about your heart? Is it a better place? What a tragedy it is if you live in a terrible place in addition to having a terrible heart. We must be convinced if such a thing called 'sin' exists before we address this issue. If it does, we must look into what exactly this is and how we can protect ourselves from it. If anyone thinks, it doesn't, I don't know how to respond, my mind is blank, my heart aches and my mouth is dumb- stuck!! I shall write what 'sin' is in my next post God willing..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

anoTHATS IS A NICE WAY TO TELL ABOUT THE sin WHICH NO ONE CAN CHALLANGE THAT NEVER EXISTED. I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT IT HAS A RELATIVE GROWTH. LIKE IT CAN GROW OR DIE. BUT WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. I PERSONALLY FELT GREAT WHENEVER I MADE A CHOICE TO DO GOOD. IF I SIN I FELL LOW. MY BELIEF THAT I ALWAYS HAVE A RESCUE KEEPS ME GOING. I CAN STILL SIN A 100000 TIMES AND STILL BELIVE THAT IT WILL BE FORGIVEN. OUR GOD IS INCREDEBILELY FORGIVEING CANT IMAGINE... HOW MUCH. SO FOR THE FEEING TO DO GOOD ANY ONE CAN GO AWAY FORM SIN WITH HIS HELP AND OUR CHOICE.... SO WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE TO DO AND BELIVWE IS IMPORTENT..... THE WORLD CAN GO ANY WAY BUT IT IS MADE OF EACH ONE OF US........FOR ME IT IS CHOOSE GOOD AND BELIVE...IS THE WAY OF LIVEING........GOOD GROWS TO MAKE A BETTER U....GOOD DAY

Samuel Boppuri said...

if sin is within us, how can we choose good?

Anonymous said...

its a choice and we are naturaly know good and bad from Adam and eves choice to take the forbidden fruit.....i am talking of choices ...and freedom to make them....one we choose we will be ....good or bad...and we know what to do already.....if we belive chooseing good can help we do it ....if we belive chooseing bad will....save our day we do it....choices make us my friend...and we are free to make them....only you yourself can..but from belief...